Tom Handwork is a senior partner of Handwork, Kerscher & Pfost, LLP. His principal areas of practice include probate, trust and estate planning and trust and estate administration.
Mr. Handwork was awarded a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Virginia and was admitted to the Ohio bar in 1968 and has been rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell for over 25 years.
Mr. Handwork was an adjunct professor at the University of Toledo, College of Law and taught courses in Trusts and Estates and Estate Planning.
In 2003, Mr. Handwork founded Handwork & Kerscher LLP (now known as Handwork, Kerscher & Pfost, LLP) with Jeffrey Kerscher. Mr. Handwork has represented individuals, families and family businesses in the areas of probate, trust and estate matters and business succession planning and real estate.
Mr. Handwork has served the community and legal profession on various committees including the Toledo Bar Association’s grievance committee, the American Cancer Society’s Board of Directors and the Rotary Club of Toledo. In addition, for many years Mr. Handwork has served various charitable organizations including:
• Treasurer of the Joseph L. Wolcott Scholarship fund as well as a member of its Distribution Committee along with the Superintendent of the Toledo Public Schools and President of the Toledo Public School Board
• Trustee of the Mary Louise Wolcott Item VI Trust
• Trustee of the Lafayette L. Barber Trust for the benefit of the Dental Department of the University of Michigan
• University of Virginia, College of Law, Class of 1968, Juris Doctor
• Northwestern University, Class of 1965, B.A. Political Science
• Ohio, 1968
• Ohio State Bar Association
• Toledo Bar Association