Brian D. Smith is an associate of Handwork, Kerscher, & Pfost, LLP. His principle areas of practice include family law (which includes divorce, dissolution, child custody, child support, and adoptions), civil litigation, and trust and estate administration.
Mr. Smith attended the University of Toledo, College of Law, and was the Assistant Managing Editor of the Law Review and was a certified legal intern in the Bowling Green City Prosecutor’s Office. After graduation he was admitted to practice law in Ohio, and opened a solo practice in 2008. As a solo practitioner Mr. Smith represented individuals in many areas including criminal defense, estate planning and civil litigation, but his main practice area was family law. In 2013, Mr. Smith joined the law firm of Handwork & Kerscher, LLP (which is now known as Handwork, Kerscher & Pfost, LLP) and has expanded his practice to include trust and estate administration.
Mr. Smith was born and raised in Northwest Ohio, is married and has two children. Mr. Smith is a former President of the Wood County Bar Association, active member of the Toledo Bar Association, and an Eagle Scout.
• University of Toledo, College of Law, Juris Doctor (cum laude) 2008
• Lourdes College, B.A. History and B.A. International Business (magna cum laude) 2004
• Ohio, 2008
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
• Ohio State Bar Association
• Wood County Bar Association (President, 2013)
• Toledo Bar Association
• Municipal Court Committee
• Juvenile Law Committee
• Domestic Relations Committee